I would say I’m a stronger cook than I am a baker. This was my first attempt at these grain free courgette, cheddar and pancetta muffins, they really were simple and I think they turned out rather well! I have to admit that being used to muffins from the bakery or a local cafe, I wasn’t sure how these would turn out, or what to expect. But with the options being pretty endless I will definitely be giving this recipe a go again!
You can find the original recipe HERE, and the notes I made below.
– I added pumpkin seeds on top for a bit of crunch (just sprinkle them on before baking and pat them gently into the mixture)
– Mid bake I added a bit of extra cheese ontop.
– Next time I will be sure to drain out my courgette slightly, I think it is meant to be quite a wet dough, but I would have preferred mine slightly drier.
– replace the courgette with sweet potato? switch the cheddar to goat cheese and add some onions (I think this would work really well!
– Potentially swap out some of the Almond Meal (ground almonds/ almond flour) for an alternative. ( Maybe coconut flour or instead of making them grain free add some cooked quinoa or try replacing it with a gluten free flour like buckwheat?)
Let me know if you try making these of if you have any other healthy muffin recipes you think I should take a look at!