1. Go up to the top of Montparnasse, 360 degree views of Paris and that includes a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower.
2. Get lost (preferably with someone you love). The Parisian streets are some of the most beautiful I have had the pleasure to stroll along, I only wish we’d had more time to wander further a field; across bridges and along the riverside, continuing to dot in and out of shops and cafes.
3. That brings me to shopping, I knew where I wanted to go and I think H had been in denial about how much he’d fall in love which the department stores and quirky little boutiques we intentionally and unintentionally stumbled upon… he ended up buying more than me! Two of our favourite places were Merci and Bon Marche.
4. Eat all the French Food you can possibly get your hands on. Particularly, breads, cheeses, pastries, and anything else your heart desires.
5. And lastly enjoy yourself, look around at the beauty of the buildings and the elegance of the Parisians living life around you. Take advantage of the size of the city and how much there is to see and discover. We were based in Saint Germain and we ventured a lot further but there is so many more areas left to explore.