From the first time we saw bacon inside hot cross buns on Chris’s blog, we knew we had to try them, and they are now very much a staple in our weekend breakfast rotation. So simple yet there is something unrivaled about the sticky sweet hot cross buns filled with salty bacon and our addition of cheddar cheese.
We were lucky to be passed a packet of pancetta dry cured bacon with sage, thyme, and paprika from Cure and Simple. Cure and Simple allow you to receive a variety of styles of bacon, through your door on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis depending on the plan you sign up for. We’re really excited to try the bourbon bacon we’ve got coming this week!
– 4 hot cross buns
– 8 rashers of bacon
– grated cheddar
- Cook your bacon, we prefer to cook ours under the grill on a low heat so it gets nice and crispy.
- When your bacon is nearly ready, pop your hot cross buns in the toaster.
- While the buns are still hot, spread on your butter.
- When your bacon is ready, put 1 rasher on the bun, a sprinkle of the grated cheddar cheese, another bacon rasher and finally the top of your hot cross bun
- Devour while still warm…maybe with a cold brew on the side, we like Sandows.
For discount off your first Cure & Simple order use our code | 3829SQ