We can’t be the only ones who overindulged this Christmas…can we? You saw my 2017 goals and getting mentally healthy, moving regularly and eating mindfully were all on that list. Who better to give us advice than business superwoman Jennifer Moore. If anybody has as many hours in the day as Beyonce, it’s Jenn. From wellness retreats to E-books, from yoga to triathlons, Jenn Moore aims to help upgrade your health and wellness in order for you to live your life as the best possible version of you! Now that’s something we can get on board with. We find out how she got started, some tips on health and some handy business advice.
1. How did you get started on your health journey, I know when you started yoga teacher training you started to become more conscious of what you were eating, but what lead you to yoga?
I think I have always been interested in health and fitness. I can remember being young reading health magazines and having my mum drop me at the gym after school when I was too young to drive there myself. Yoga, I tried for the first time in university and was hooked. I used to go to classes in Washington DC at 6 am before my first job after University and a couple years later I moved next door to a studio and started going every day. I always danced and did gymnastics when I was young so perhaps it was a natural progression to be drawn to the fluid movement of vinyasa yoga.
2. When you are eating well, if you weren’t short of time and expenses didn’t matter, what would you eat that day?
I don’t have a favourite food- I love eating based on how I feel on a particular day and what my body craves changes so much with each season, my activities that day and where I am in the world.
3. If you could tell everyone one thing they could do that would boost their energy levels, what would it be?
Only 1 thing? Eat something green 3 times a day
4. You’ve travelled to some great places and your retreats look so much fun! Where would you say your favourite travel destination is?
I think Bali will always have a special place in my heart. It’s magical- the energy, the people, the rice paddies, the temples- so much spirit. And..I met my husband there.
5. You’ve put together 3 Day Plans for Woman’s Health Magazine, and you completed your first Ironman 70.3 Santa Cruz Triathlon in only 5 hrs 39 minutes. It’s safe to say that career wise and personally you have accomplished an astonishing amount. What motivates and inspires you?
Haha wow thanks, I guess I don’t really think about it that way, but thank you. Other women and my clients motivate and inspire me. I think people are amazing and do amazing things every day. When I look at what other people are doing, I think I still have a long way to go and that motivates and inspires me. I like new challenges and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. I think we are capable of so much more than we know.
6. Since you set up your business what would you say has been your biggest accomplishment?
Probably just taking the leap to set up my business was huge. I left a full-time job, moved to NYC, trained to be a chef and came home and got to work. Looking back I think it was pretty crazy, but I knew I had to do it. Since then, I am really proud of the trips and retreats I run. I love creating awesome experiences for people and getting to share them with a group is amazing!
7. It can be so daunting to set up your own business, a lot of people wouldn’t even know where to start. Have you got any advice for anyone reading who is thinking about setting up a business of their own?
Just start. Even if you aren’t ready, start. It doesn’t have to be perfect to start and you don’t have to quit your current job to begin. Start doing what you can with what you have, startpart time and take it from there.
8. What woman in the industry inspires you the most?
I don’t have one person that I look to. I am inspired daily by yogis, chefs, athletes, friends, family and clients.
9. When you’re in Jersey, where is your favourite place to eat?
At home, I know it will always be just what I want!
We highly recommend you checking out Jenn’s website, blog and social media for more information on any of her retreats, coaching or wellness tips!
Photos from Jenn’s website