You will need:
1 Medium Potato (washed and peeled)
1 White Onion (chopped)
1 cup of Spinach (washed and chopped)
3 Tbsp almond flour
1- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Ovenproof frying pan
Toppings of choice (I used whipped cream cheese, smoked salmon, chives and lemon juice)
- If finishing pancakes in the oven, preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Start by boiling your potato till it is soft, this normally takes 20+ minutes but you can just keep poking it with a knife every so often till it is easily punctured.
- Once potato is soft, drain and allow to cool.
- Add all other ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Once cool enough, chop potato into cubes and add to the rest of your ingredients.
- On a medium heat, add your coconut oil to your frying pan. ( use enough to coat the bottom of your pan.
- Once oil has melted, add half the mixture and using a spatula or the back of a spoon try and flatten it out till is resembles a pancake shape.
- You can cook it on the hob for up to 10 minutes per side or you can finish it in the oven for 20 minutes after frying. Which ever is easiest for you!
- Eat warm of cold.
- Add your toppings!
This recipe is easily interchangeable, you can swap potato for sweet potato, add in cheese, top with bacon or even add pancetta into the pancake, it’s up to you! I chose to make two big pancake as I found it easier (not as much risk of them falling apart during flipping them) and I like the idea of using one pancake as a base for my savoury toppings. But you could just as easily make a stack of smaller pancakes, just adjust the cooking time accordingly. Enjoy!
Recipe from here