WIth an abundance of prosecco and champagne taking up cupboard space (our bar cart is pretty full as of late!) It was time to put some to good use. After we handed out a few of these Blackberry Bubbles cocktails to friends, they were shortly back for another and another.
A table spoon of homemade blackberry syrup, topped with prosecco, and garnished with fresh blackberries and thyme. Delicious.. and easy!
You will need:
- 1/3 a cup of blackberries plus some to garnish
- 1/3 a cup of water
- 1/3 a cup of sugar
- Prosecco or Champagne
- Fresh thyme
- Combine 1/3 cup of blackberries, the water and the sugar in a pan and bring to the boil. (you can add some fresh thyme here too if you like but it is optional.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat to low for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Strain the blackberry mixture and allow to cool.
You have now made your blackberry syrup, this can be done a couple of days before if necessary.
- Add a table spoon of your blackberry syrup to your glasses, more or less depending on your preference,
- Top with Prosecco or Champagne and add some fresh blackberries and thyme to garnish.