Valentines. Are You In Or Out?

Lush Valentines 2017

Everyone has there own opinion on Valentines Day, people seem to either want to celebrate it or completely ignore it. For me growing up, we always took notice of February 14th. It was another day where we would show each other we loved each other. Not the only day, but another day. Some people think that if you celebrate Valentines Day it means you don’t show each other you love one another the rest of the year, I simply don’t think this is the case. For as long a I can remember I’ve had a card from my mum on Valentines Day. On the same day, when he was alive, I got a card from my Grandpa and my brother got one from my Grandma. I may be in the minority but I don’t have bad feelings toward this holiday.

Two Humans Living

This will be Danny and I’s second Valentines Day together as a couple and also my second Valentines Day in a relationship. I’ve had valentines eating cake with my girls, and I’ve had valentines with what, at the time, felt like a broken heart. This year, I will be spending Valentines with my love, at one of our favourite restaurants, eating all the carbs, and drinking all the wine after a long day at work… Why are you on a Tuesday Valentines day?…Huh? Oh well a lovely, nearly mid week, treat!

Burberry Pink Trench Coat

Festive lights ran a survey which found that 63% of people prefer to stay in and cook on Valentines Day, we fall into the other 37%. We both cook most nights and on weekends we normally try to make an extra special meal involving trying a new recipes. So for us, it’s a treat to eat out and let someone else take care of the food.

Channel Island Fashion Blog

What have you got planned for Valentines this year? Are you staying in or going out?


Sometimes we work with brands or establishments to bring you the best content. All opinions and views will always be entirely our own.


  1. February 13, 2017 / 08:34

    100% in! Although I totally understand why people may be against it, I think it’s unfortunate that some people try to poo-poo it – just let people do their own thing! 😛 How sweet that you mum and grandparents would send you cards! I’m celebrating with my boyfriend at a little sushi restaurant that we both love. We’re both very low-key but it’s still a lovely thing to do. Wishing you both a lovely day! xxx Tess Alexandra

    • February 13, 2017 / 10:30

      I completely agree, I get why not everyones into it, I just find some people try to go against it deliberately and rain on other parades! Oh that sounds like a lovely plan, when is sushi not a good idea? Have a lovely day too 🙂 xxx

  2. February 13, 2017 / 14:59

    I love the idea of Valentine’s day but I just can’t be bothered with it. My husband and I don’t really do presents or a card but instead we do something together like go out for dessert!

    Rachael xx.

    • February 19, 2017 / 19:44

      Hope you both had a lovely day Rachel 🙂 going out for dessert sounds like the perfect thing to do! xx

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.