It’s been a whole year since we set up The Life Of C and H, and there are a few things we’ve learnt along the way.
- It can take time to get into a rhythm. It’s easy enough to start a blog, but creating content, sharing on social media platforms, finding time to photograph and write etc can be difficult when it’s not your full time job. Luckily after a year we have found our rhythm and what works for us.
- You will inevitably compare yourself to other bloggers. It’s only natural, especially if you are interested in things others are also interested in, but you will have your own style, your own voice. No one can create content exactly how you will create it.
- It’s ok to take a break. There are bloggers out there who have posted every day for 5 years and that is amazing, but if you don’t have something you want to say… don’t stress. Take a break, let inspiration find you, catch up with your favourite posts on Bloglovin’ or scroll through Pinterest. We try to post regularly but life sometimes gets in the way and went know thats ok. There’s another week, and inevitably there will always be another post!
- You don’t need to have a niche. We set out to document our lives, what interests us, where we visit, things we discover. We wanted to have a record of our journey. And thats what we’ve done, we don’t have a niche. We just write about what we want to write about.
- Feedback is great. Although comments and likes these days are much rarer on blog posts and more common on other social media platforms, feedback is always lovely. It also helps you to discover other bloggers and become part of the online community.
This year has gone so quickly, and although is been a year, it doesn’t feel like it. Blogging is something I enjoy far more than I ever thought I would. It’s also helped me to manage my time better. I’d had blogs before this one but nothing stuck. So let’s see how the next 12 months go!
Happy Birthday The Life Of C & H